Stay up-to-date on current news and events by following NFMC on Twitter and liking us on Facebook and Instagram. You can find us @NFMCForestry
2023 Silviculture Summer Student Positions now available – Apply Today!
NFMC is looking to fill multiple silvicultural summer student positions from May to late August 2023. Applicants must have a strong work ethic, the ability to work outdoors in all weather, and can work independently in remote locations. Based out of Manitouwadge ON, NFMC provides housing, a work truck, and a great opportunity to gain valuable experience working in forestry.
• Assist with supervision of the 2023 tree plant program(s), conduct renewal area monitoring/reporting,
• Assist with the aerial herbicide application program, and the mechanical site preparation program;
• Conduct competition and survival assessments, tree plant quality assessments, and free to grow
assessments as directed by the supervisor;
• Utilize a handheld GPS and tablet to transfer, track, and record collected field data;
• Conduct field work in remote and isolated areas;
• Report and document health, safety, and compliance issues to supervisor;
• Various Operations duties such as bridge cleaning, infrastructure inspections/inventories, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Learn more about this great opportunity and how to apply by visiting the following link- NFMC summer-silvicultural-student-2023.
Nawiinginokiima Forest Management Corporation (NFMC)
Office: (807) 229-8118 ext 15