Stay up to date on current events and news by following NFMC on Twitter and liking us on Facebook. You can find us @NFMCForestry!
2022 Silviculture Student Positions – Apply Now!
NFMC is looking to fill multiple silvicultural summer student positions from May to late August 2022. Applicants must have a strong work ethic, the ability to work outdoors in all weather, and can work independently in remote locations. Based out of Manitouwadge ON, NFMC provides housing, a work truck, and a great opportunity to gain valuable experience working in forestry.
• Assist with supervision of the 2022 tree plant program(s), conduct renewal area monitoring/reporting,
• Assist with the aerial herbicide application program, and the mechanical site preparation program;
• Conduct competition and survival assessments, tree plant quality assessments, and free to grow
assessments as directed by the supervisor;
• Utilise a handheld GPS and tablet to transfer, track, and record collected field data;
• Conduct field work in remote and isolated areas;
• Report and document health, safety, and compliance issues to supervisor;
• Various Operations duties such as bridge cleaning, infrastructure inspections/inventories, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Learn more about this great opportunity and how to apply by visiting our Opportunities page, at www.nfmcforestry.ca/opportunities. Deadline to apply is January 7, 2022 at 4:30pm.